ENERGY REBATES TO KEEP COOL
Does your central air conditioner need some TLC? Air conditioners can lose up to 5 percent of their original efficiency every year if they are not serviced. That’s why we offer a $25 cash rebate to get your A/C tuned up by a professional service technician. You’ll use less energy because your air conditioner will run more efficiently. This is your chance to stay cool—and take the heat off your wallet. For more information on the Central A/C Tune-up rebate, download our form.
Many summer energy-saving measures can be done at little or no cost. Here are some additional tips to help you keep your cool:
- Set the thermostat at 78 degrees when you are at home and higher when you are away.
- Install a ceiling fan to create a breeze and keep the air circulating throughout the room. Be sure to turn the fan off when you are not in the room to save energy – fans cool people, not rooms.
- Don’t forget to regularly replace air conditioning filters. A dirty filter will slow down air flow and make the system work harder—wasting energy.
- Close drapes or shades during the day to block the sun. Open them at night to let the heat escape through the windows.
- Plant shade trees to provide cover for your air conditioner and windows that face the south or west. A well-placed shade tree can help reduce air conditioning costs in the summer, increase the efficiency of your air conditioner, and act as a windbreak. Right now, we’re giving cash rebates equal to 50% of the price of a new tree, up to $50 per shade tree. Learn more about our Tree Power program.
You can also discover a ton of great ways to save energy dollars through our partnership with Focus on Energy.