We understand the concern and uncertainty many people are feeling regarding coronavirus disease (COVID-19). As your locally-owned, not-for-profit utility, we want to assure you that the Hartford Electric and Water Utility is here to serve you.
Our top priority is, as always, protecting the health and safety of our employees, our customers and our community. We are closely monitoring this rapidly evolving situation, and our utility is prepared and equipped to continue delivering you safe, reliable service and to responding to outages.
Here are just some of the steps we are taking:
- We have staffing plans in place to ensure our electric distribution, water, wastewater, customer service, and other critical team members can continue to serve you.
- If you experience an outage, please contact us at (262) 670-3710. After our normal business hours of 7:00 – 3:30 M-F, notify us by calling (262) 673-2600.
- City Hall as of May 11, 2020 is now open to the public. We are still encouraging payments to be made through our contact free payment options:
- City Hall’s two outside drop box locations (Main St and Johnson St)
- Via mail - 109 N Main
- Via phone with Payment Service Network 877-885-7968
- Via our online portal through MyAccount
- For full listing select payments options available
- View our Resources for Assistance flyer for contact information regarding financial assistance.
- In compliance with the Governor's Executive Order #82, as of August 1, 2020, masks are required to be worn when entering any City buildings.
- All employees have been instructed to give their full attention to social distancing and good health habits that help prevent the spread of communicable diseases such as COVID-19, and we have further enhanced sanitation within our facilities.
We want you to know that at this time, customers who are unable to pay will not be disconnected for nonpayment; however, to ensure that we can continue providing the service you expect and deserve, we ask that customers able to continue timely payment of their bills please do so. Once legislation is lifted to reinstate disconnections (September 1, 2020) and you have difficulty paying your bill, please contact us at (262) 673-8212.
We will work to keep this information current as circumstances may continue to evolve.
Our utility has been providing safe, reliable, local service in Hartford for more than 120 years. We are all in this together as a community, and our commitment to you remains unchanged.